Monday, September 22, 2014

Restaurant Review: Farm Country Kitchen

While I was home for Labor Day Weekend I got to go to a restaurant I’ve been dying to try. Located right on the Peconic River in Riverhead, Farm Country Kitchen is the prettiest little restaurant that you would completely pass by if you didn’t know to look for it. 


(Keep your eyes peeled, or you could drive right by this cute little restaurant!)


Luckily, people know it’s there due to the great press they’ve received for their fresh and tasty meals. That, combined with the view, beautiful landscaping, and the BYOB aspect, made it the perfect place for a sunny lunch when we didn’t feel like fighting the traffic to make it to a vineyard over the long weekend.


(Precious, right?)


If you live on Long Island, specifically in Suffolk County, you may have heard of Savino’s Hideaway- a staple Italian restaurant that is beloved by many. There is a family connection between Savino’s and Farm Country Kitchen. You go Sguera’s!  

(Such a pretty view!)
(BYOB is lovely)

As an appetizer, my parents and I decided to split the longstem artichoke hearts prepared with a lobster stuffing and garlic aioli and served over a Caesar salad. Wow. 


Not only was this appetizer HUGE (it easily could have been an entrée) but it was BURSTING with flavor and most impressively BURSTING with lobster! The lobster stuffing wasn’t what a restaurant would typically serve you- breadcrumbs with a hint of lobster flavor. No. This lobster stuffing was LOBSTER. It was phenomenal.

Another impressive thing about Farm Country Kitchen? Their menu changes every day! 

Unfortunately for me, that means I can’t go back and look up exactly what I ordered- oops! Luckily, I had instagrammed a picture of my lunch that day (because look at it, it was beautiful!) and my caption informs me that what my salad was packed with was: duck (not just any slice of duck. The duck was tender, juicy, and so full of smoky flavor!), baby spinach, pineapple, strawberries, blackberries (I, unlike my mom, am a huge proponent of fruit in salads!), almonds, carrots and the best cheese of all, goat cheese (OK, I can’t actually pick the best cheese of all, that’s far too hard, but goat cheese is up there).  The dressing was sesame ginger and also delicious.


My parents split a panini for their meal that was like an explosion of happiness in your mouth when you took a bite. In keeping with the artichoke theme, they ordered the Maria Panini- breaded chicken, breaded artichoke hearts, basil pesto, and fresh mozzarella on a rosemary roll that was one of the best rolls I’ve ever had the pleasure of eating. The panini came with a Sun dried tomato pasta salad, again, not skimping on the main attraction, the sun dried tomatoes. Everything about this sandwich was killer. The combination of flavors and textures is something I can still conjure up on my taste buds. 


I can’t say enough about this place, and I can’t wait to go back to try more of their fresh, flavorful, inventive meals! They serve dinner too, and deliver to the local area.  513 West Main Street Riverhead, NY 11901.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Runspiration

Who of us hasn't considered how our peers will react to our performance in a given race, whether good or bad? And in those moments, whom are we ultimately running for? The sport is difficult enough as it is; doing it for anyone but ourselves makes it unsustainable.

Be My Friend!

Follow on Bloglovin