Thursday, July 24, 2014

Review: Two Tablespoons

Food markets, fairs and festivals in New York City are so wonderful. Entire streets blocked off for all different types of food vendors. Typically, I’m completely overwhelmed.  But when I visited Madison Square Eats, for once, I knew exactly what I was there to get! A vendor called Two Tablespoons- specializing in making delicious vegetarian food with organic and locally sourced ingredients. 
(Lovely setting for a food festival!)
I had been following them on Instagram for a while, and salivating at their colorful, fresh looking pictures on an almost daily basis. It was time to see if Two Tablespoons could please my taste buds as much as it pleased my eyes.

I ordered my food to go, and for the entire 45 minute trek back to my apartment, my stomach growled and I SO BADLY wanted to be that person eating on the subway. But I persevered and waited until I could sit outside on my roof with fresh spring rolls and salad. Ahhh, perfection.

(Look how colorful!)

First, I had the Lentils, Beets and Goat Cheese spring roll- filled with lettuce, carrots, cucumbers, beets, lentils, goat cheese and a citrus vinaigrette.  Wow. Everything was so fresh, and how can you beet eating something with all of these beautiful colors? (Did you catch my pun?) I’m a sucker for goat cheese, and paired with the pop of citrus vinaigrette, it was a wonderful combination.


The second spring roll I ordered was the Corn, Coconut and Curry Sauce. This one was filled with lettuce, carrots, cucumbers, corn, quinoa, pickled onions, coconut, almonds and curry sauce.  I loooove anything curry, so I was a little disappointed in this roll because the curry flavor was lacking a little bit. But overall, it was delicious and fresh!


Lastly, I ordered one of their glass noodle salads.  I chose the Lentils, Market Greens and Masala Dressing (again, love Indian-inspired flavors!) At first, it looked like a giant pile of lentils. But once I mixed it up, I saw the delicious glass noodles, carrots, onions and capers mixed in with the lentils.  It was a little bit of lentil overload after the lentil, beet and goat cheese spring roll, but still, delicious.

If I had to choose, I would definitely say the lentil, beet and goat cheese spring roll was my favorite part of this meal, but everything was delicious! I definitely plan on ordering from them again before they leave their current site, Broadway Bites in Greeley Square.

I’m dying to try their other menu items!

Biggggg thumbs up to Two Tablespoons. Not only was it healthy and delicious, but the price was right. 2 spring rolls are just $7.50 and let me tell you, they are filling with the lentils or quinoa! You can also try one of each spring roll for just $10! That’s less than a Chop’t salad! The small salads are only $5.50 and a large is $10. The two spring rolls + small salad were PLENTY to eat and I even had some leftover that I enjoyed with lunch the next day.


I will certainly be following them wherever they set up shop! It’s the perfect summer meal. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Runspiration

Who of us hasn't considered how our peers will react to our performance in a given race, whether good or bad? And in those moments, whom are we ultimately running for? The sport is difficult enough as it is; doing it for anyone but ourselves makes it unsustainable.

Be My Friend!

Follow on Bloglovin