Saturday, August 30, 2014

Yasso- The FroYo, Not Bart.

Attention dessert-lovers! 

Usually, every night before bed, I bake myself a delicious Quest bar. (I also have a tendancy to pick on frozen bananas, peanut butter puffins dipped in peanut butter, and top said Quest bar with even more peanut butter…when all is said and done, it’s super low cal, honest…)
But I am also a BIG froyo and ice cream fan. I’m all about mint Skinny Cow ice cream sandwiches, but those can be expensive, especially in Manhattan. I’ve been dying to try the new Yasso frozen GREEK yogurt bars, and when I saw the Sea Salt Caramel ones at the store for only $5 (for a box of 4) I decided to treat myself.

100 calories and SO CREAMY! With a gooey, caramelly center. It’s really hard to believe these are only 100 calories. I was expecting the consistency to be weird, like Arctic Zero or one of those other low-calorie, mainly protein powder based “frozen treats” but this was pretty damn close in texture to a real ice cream bar. And the flavor was delicious.



Yes, there’s sugar and some not so great ingredients, but every once in awhile, I think these are a great dessert! I’m hooked, and can’t wait to try more flavors.  There’s lots! Chocolate fudge, mint chocolate chip, dark chocolate raspberry, peanut butter cup, raspberry, blueberry, strawberry, vanilla bean, mango and coconut! They range from 80-130 calories. So I can still eat my frozen bananas, peanut butter puffins and peanut butter by the spoonful. Everybody wins. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Runspiration

Who of us hasn't considered how our peers will react to our performance in a given race, whether good or bad? And in those moments, whom are we ultimately running for? The sport is difficult enough as it is; doing it for anyone but ourselves makes it unsustainable.

Be My Friend!

Follow on Bloglovin