Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Oh Right- THAT’S Why I Didn’t Give Up Meat

1st beef post 40 days of pescetarian-ism were my dad’s meatballs and homemade sauce. I almost passed on bringing them back to the city with me- but THANK GOD I took 2!

Instead of feeling guilty for a big spaghetti and meatball dinner with cheese and garlic bread- I whipped up this personal pizza/flatbread!

-1/2 of a Joseph’s flax flatbread (50 calories)
-Smear on a wedge of Laughing Cow cheese (35 calories)
-Slice up a meatball and pour on the sauce (who the heck knows how many calories this was)
-Bake at 350 until crispy


I took a bite and fell in love with my dad’s incredible cooking ALL over again.  Ate with a side salad and a glass of red wine while watching playoff hockey. Perfection.


The next night I did the same thing but added some spinach, eggplant and peppers because you can never have too many veggies!
(Everything's better with greeeeeeeeen)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Runspiration

Who of us hasn't considered how our peers will react to our performance in a given race, whether good or bad? And in those moments, whom are we ultimately running for? The sport is difficult enough as it is; doing it for anyone but ourselves makes it unsustainable.

Be My Friend!

Follow on Bloglovin